Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tick Tock Tick Tock

This time we’re doing something!  This was the final nail in the coffin! We will not rest until we are a clean community! Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah! 

It was only 2 weeks ago when the community was in a panic, in a state of shock and vowing to do everything possible to bring up the molestation and pedophilia issue. But as I predicted then, it will take 4 weeks and no one will even remember the name Kletzky (Except those that are making money of him).

I didn’t expect it then, I don’t expect it now, I don’t see any change in our system, I don’t see the community doing something to change the status quo!

What it will take for this community to put their kids first?, I truly don’t know! An arrest of molesters does nothing for us! A bunch of school Rabbis and teachers being exposed does zilch for us! A murdered body of a nine-year-old cut up into little pieces obviously does not do it either! I really don’t see a point to attempt to figure out what will do it, instead let’s just wait and see what time will bring us.

The clock is ticking, Time is flying, the molesters are having a free-roll in in our communities, and our kids are roaming the streets and are for the taking! As Rabbi Nuchem so eloquently says it “We live in a Congo”

I will be brutally honest with you guys. My kids are grown up and I have nothing to worry about them. My grandchildren are my kids’ problem. So I will sit back and see what this new season in the schools will bring! As of now I am convinced that 200 Leiby kletzky murders still won't do the trick.

What I have a problem understanding is the following: The rabbis I understand, why would they change? They have no opposition to their terrible behavior; they have no protests in front of their houses demanding a clean community, so why would they be dumb enough to change anything? But my question is where are the outraged parents? Where are the fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, uncles and community members? Why is there not people storming the streets and begging for a clean community? Why does not every man walk in this shabbas to shul and ask his Rabbi how come he did not speak up when Kletzky was murdered and discussed the issue?

It has become custom in our community, that in order to question your Rabbi, you have to get off the “Derech” first. and then people whisper "He was nebech abused" we don't do any prevention in this community, we rather cry over splled millk. Why can’t you address your concerns to the Rabbi? Why can’t you demand answers to these important issues? Why do we have to live in fear of our kids, why can’t we demand to see the qualifications of our Rabbis in the schools? Why does a Public School teacher have to show her credentials and qualifications, while our schools don’t have that? Why are we being treated like 2nd-class citizens?

Why is there an organization for every kind of help / support / Gemach, but the children can’t have a bit protection? Why do I even have to tell you about it, why is it not burning in your soul on your own? Why is Rabbi Nuchem in isolation for speaking the truth? Why don't you demand an answer from your rabbi that signed it, he should explain to you why he signed it!

Let me leave you with this thought! Leiby Kletzke was murdered and dismantled into the freezer and into garbage cans all over Brooklyn, and it's 2 weeks later and no one even remembers that it happened. Are you happy about it? Is this what you wanted after this tragedy? This is what you call ”Community outrage”?  What a joke and an embarrassment this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment